List of your domains in DNS you can find in administration client.wedos.com on tab DNS. Open detail of specific domain and then click on the link DNS records.
Read also: Basic information about DNS WEDOS
Instructions are applied to the primary type of domain only. For the second type of domain DNS records are downloaded from another DNS server.
You’ll see a list of DNS records of the domain. For each record indicated:
- name – relative to the current domain
- empty name = record directly to a given domain
- otherwise subdomain name
- TTL – a time of recording in the cache (seconds), usually 3600 sec. (1 hour)
- record type
- record value
On the list of records below is the form for adding a new record. Click on the first icon for a particular record and you will see editation of record below the list. Click on the icon with the red cross at the specific record to delete it.
Adding of records and restrictions
- name for the record is stated relative to the domain (subdomain name or empty value)
- domain names in the value of DNS record must be indicated absolutely (although falling within the same domain) and without the dot at the end
- for domains are not entered its own NS records (only for subdomains)
- is possible to use an asterisk, also for subdomains in more levels (asterisk must be always only one on the left)
- records with same name and type must have set same TTL
- it is not possible to use CNAME record for the domain itself (only for subdomains)
- it is not possible to insert any record of the name, which already exists in CNAME record (therefore is an alias of another domain)
- there can not be two completely identical records
- when adding its not depend on the size of characters
- for an existing record you can not change the name and type if it needed to delete the record and create a new
The types of records and examples
A records for IPv4 address:
3600 A 184.108.40.206 www 3600 A 220.127.116.11 www 3600 A 18.104.22.168 home 3600 A 10.0.0.1 * 3600 A 10.0.0.2 *.home 3600 A 10.0.0.3
AAAA records for IPv6 address:
www 3600 AAAA 2001:1488:0:3::2 home 3600 AAAA 2001:678:10::1
CNAME records for aliases, value must be an absolute domain name (without the dot at the end):
home 3600 A 22.214.171.124 alsohome 3600 CNAME home.wedos.cz
MX records for entry the name of mailserver, before the server name (in data field) is stated priority, instead of the server name can be given IP address, name must be absolute.
Syntax: priority + space + server name (without the dot at the end)
3600 MX 10 mail.wedos.cz 3600 MX 100 backup.wedos.cz mail 3600 A 10.0.0.1 backup 3600 A 10.0.0.2
NS records for delegation of subdomain to another DNS server (names without the dot at the end):
subdomena 3600 NS ns.wedos.com subdomena 3600 NS ns.wedos.org
TXT records for various text values (for example SPF rules), is entered without the quotes at the beginning and at the end:
3600 TXT "v=spf1 ip4:126.96.36.199/26 ip6:2001:1890:1112:1::0/64 -all"
SRV records for setting the operator services domain, these values are added: priority, weight, port number, and absolute domain name server (example VoIP via SIP protocol):
_sip._tcp 3600 SRV 100 100 5060 sip.wedos.cz _sip._udp 3600 SRV 100 100 5060 sip.wedos.cz sip 3600 A 10.0.0.1