You can define what should happen before the upcoming expiration of domains and all WEDOS services:
- payment request with reminders – 14-30 days before the expiration (based on service type), a renewal order is created and a request for payment is sent by e-mail, the customer is further notified that the order is not paid (8 days and 5 days before expiration)
- payment request without reminders – the same as above, but you do not receive any reminders about your unpaid order
- without payment request, notification only – a renewal order is not created, only a single e-mail notification is sent about the upcoming expiration
- automatic renewal – the service is automatically renewed for another period 10 days before its expiration (if you have an active credit account and you have sufficient credit in it).
- do nothing – no notification is sent, no renewal order is created
The behavior (what should happen before the upcoming expiration) can be set at two levels:
- Global settings for each type of service (domain, web hosting, server hosting, WEDOS Disk, other)
- In service folders
Global setting applies to all services in a customer account which have no folder or in a folder which is used by default.
If you wish to change the pre-expiration behaviors for some domains, creates a folder for them. Change the pre-expiration behavior for the folder and move all the correct domains into this folder. The expiration behavior settings within a folder always override the global settings.
The default behavior is to send payment requests with reminders.
In addition to this behavior, an e-mail with the last warning before stopping and canceling the service is always sent 2 days prior to expiration (does not apply to services which the customer has indicated should be terminated).
The pre-expiration behavior is set globally according to the following procedure:
- Log in to the customer administration
- Select the Customer tab
- Click on the Service Expiration Settings link in the left menu
- In the form, select the desired behavior for each type of service and save the changes
If you want to set different pre-expiration behaviours for some of your services, rather than global ones, follow the instructions below.
In this example, suppose that you have a number of important domains that you wish to renew automatically before expiration without your intervention.
- Log in to the customer administration
- Click on the Domains tab
- Click on the Manage Folders>> link above the list of domains (on the right)
- In the bottom form, create a folder with a name such as “important”
- In the folder list, click on this folder to edit (icon on the left)
- In the bottom form, select automatic renewal and save your changes
- Return to the list of domains, mark your important domains and choose move to folder: important in the bottom right below the list
This specifies that domains stored in the “important” folder will be automatically renewed before expiration (only if you have an activated credit account and sufficient credit in it). Other domains that do not have a folder or are in a different folder will follow global settings.
One of the pre-expiration behavior options is automatic renewal. To do this you need to have an active credit account and have sufficient credit in it.
The first attempt for renewal is made 10 days before expiration. If this fails, attempts are repeated daily. If the service is not renewed 3 days prior to expiration, notifications of insufficient credit are sent to the customer.
CAUTION! Use automatic renewal with care. The service will be renewed 10 days prior to its expiration and credit will be deducted from your account. Such an action can not be taken back! If you change your mind, it is not possible to return the credit!
Automatic renewal is not implemented if there is already an unpaid request for payment for the service.
Expiration Notifications Via PUSH Notifications
Email is the default means of sending service expiration notifications. Email notifications cannot be disabled. It is possible to receive additional service expiration notifications via web PUSH notifications.
To receive PUSH notifications with service expiration notifications, it is necessary to have enabled PUSH notifications in the respective customer account and to have at least one active browser token with permission to send push notifications with service expiration notifications – see Push notifications.
Push notifications with notifications are sent depending on the service pre-expiration behavior settings. It is also possible to override the global settings for sending push notifications in the settings for folders.
An Overview of Sent PUSH Notifications:
- payment request with reminders
- 1. notification – 14 – 30 days before the service expires (depending on the type of service). After clicking on the notification, a page will open for the renewal of the relevant service in the customer administration.
- 2. notification – 8 days before the expiration of the service – notification of an unpaid extension order. After clicking on the notification, the page with the details of the order will open in the customer administration.
- 3. notification – 5 days before the expiration of the service – notification of an unpaid extension order. After clicking on the notification, the page with the details of the order will open in the customer administration.
- payment request without reminders – 14 – 30 days before the service expiration (according to the type of service) a notification identical to the 1st notification from the previous point is sent
- without payment request, notification only – 14 – 30 days before the expiration of the service (depending on the type of service) a notification identical to the 1st notification from the first point is sent
- automatic renewal – notifications are sent only if for some reason there is no automatic renewal. In this case, the 1st notification is sent 3 days before the service expiration and subsequently every day until the service expiration date. After clicking on the notification, a page will open for the renewal of the relevant service in the customer administration.
- do nothing – no notifications are sent