You can get to the list of your domains in DNS after logging in to client.wedos.com, in the DNS tab. To add a domain click on the add domain link.
Also consider reading: Basic Information About WEDOS DNS
To add a domain, you must enter the following information:
- The domain’s name – for example, “wedos.cz”, only 2nd level domains are accepted
- The domain type:
- primary – the usual choice, domain records will be managed in this system
- secondary – the domain records will be downloaded from another DNS server
- A template – when adding a domain to DNS, settings and records from a pre-prepared pattern will be used (see DNS Templates)
- The primary IP – the IP address of the DNS server from which domain records will be downloaded, applies only when adding a secondary domain, only IPv4 address can be specified (downloads via IPv6 are not supported).
Next, check the agreement to the terms and conditions and click on the add domain button. After it has successfully been added, you will see the detail of the domain, where you can adjust further settings or edit domain records.
A domain can not Be added to the DNS if:
- it is already in the system
- it is not 2nd level domain
- it is not an existing TLD (suffix)
- the domain name is incorrect
Adding Domains to DNS in Bulk
There is also a wizard for adding multiple domains at once, this tool can only be used for primary domains and you must have the appropriate template ready.
The procedure is as follows:
- In the customer administration, open the DNS tab.
- In the left menu, click on the Add multiple domains link.
- In the first step, enter a list of domains that you wish to add.
- In the second step, select the template which will be used for the domains.
- In the third step, check if everything is correct. If everything is correct, click on the Complete button.
After confirmation, the domains will be added to the DNS using the selected pattern (template). Domains will appear on all our DNS servers within 10 minutes
An alternative to these bulk actions through the customer administration is to use the API interface.