WEDOS DNS is a system of the authoritative DNS servers for the management of DNS records for the domain(zone files).
System consists of:
- domains records
- administration interface
- DNS servers
The system allows you to manage primary and secondary records for domains.
Primary domain is the domain for which in our system are recorded DNS records. Our system behaves as a primary DNS server for this domain. This is the usual solution.
Secondary domain is a domain for which we do not register DNS records, but downloading them from another DNS server via AXFR. The system for this domain behaves as a secondary DNS server. For this domain only sets the IP address from where are records downloaded. The period of download is based on the information in the appropriate domain SOA record (REFRESH, RETRY).
Supported types of DNS records:
System also offers:
- full support of IPv6
- complete history of changes – changes in settings, add, change and delete records
- configurable enabling/disabling downloading zones via AXFR (outgoing AXFR) with the possibility of putting specific IP addresses that are allowed to download domain zone
- data import when switching from other DNS servers – download via AXFR from another server, zone file upload or manual entry
- copy domains – you can create a new domain easily by copying another (with all records and settings)
- management of reverse records (for our customers with serverhosting services)
- support of DNSSEC (for .CZ and .EU already done)
Currently, we offer 4 DNS servers:
- ns.wedos.net (126.96.36.199)
- ns.wedos.cz (188.8.131.52)
- ns.wedos.eu (184.108.40.206)
- ns.wedos.com (220.127.116.11)
Use DNS system
Use of our DNS system is completely free for anyone without limitation of domain number. You can add a 2nd level domain only. The number of records for one domain is limited to 50 (not included NS and SOA records of the domain). If you really need more records, we increase the limit after your request.
Administration of DNS system is available in customer center WEDOS (it is necessary to register first) on tab DNS. You can add domains, changing their settings, edit records, and perform other operations.
Domains that are really do not use our DNS servers longer than 60 days (ie., our DNS servers are not set for them as authoritative), will be deleted from our DNS system.