This manual applies to FTP accounts at webhosting services and WEDOS Disk.
Slow or stalled transfer
- Try changing the active/passive mode for FTP connection
- check whether the FTP works via WebFTP interface (if it works, it should not be a problem on our side)
- problem may cause a firewall on your computer – try to turn it off for a while or try to work with FTP from another computer
- problem may cause your home router, NAT or firewall on it – try to work through a different FTP connection (try it from work, home, etc.)
- try using another FTP program
Errors and their solutions
500 OOPS child died, 500 OOPS: cannot change directory
- Check if there is a folder in which the FTP account is directed
- If it is a webhosting, try to repair file permissions – webhostingu detail in a cusomer center, there is a link Tools in left menu menu
530 Login incorrect
Incorrectly entered login and password. If you are not sure about the password, set it again in the customer center in the details of the user.
GnuTLS error -12: A TLS fatal alert has been received
Common error for FTP program FileZilla version 3.5.3 and higher, which does not support the encryption used by our servers. Use lower version of Filezilla.
Update: 7. 6. 2013 – FileZilla ver. 3.7.2 now works correctly. Some versions between 3.5.3 and 3.7.2 do not work because there is an internal bug in FileZilla.
SSL connection failed; session reuse required: see require_ssl_reuse
TThis problem may occur in WinSCP, FileZilla and others that use GnuTLS library version that does not support the security feature “SSL reuse”, without which our servers refuse connections. Upgrade your FTP program and GnuTLS library to the latest version.