For webhosting is available MySQL databases, you can set up any number of them. However, you are limited by space – the database must not exceed 1GB (2GB for EXTRA).
- number of databases is not limited – possible to establish multiple databases for different needs
- total space for database: 1 GB (2 GB for EXTRA) *
- MySQL ver.: 5.6.12, 5.5.30 and 5.1.55
- Engines: MyISAM, InnoDB, Archive, Heap (Memory)
- The default character set: UTF-8
- supported by all available character sets
- management via phpMyAdmin interface
- from PHP modules are possible to connected via mysql, mysqli or object-oriented interface PDO
- on-line establishment in customer center (in detail of particular webhosting)
- the database is accessible only from the webhosting, for safety reasons, it is not possible to connect external (not even from VPS or dedicated servers with us)
* 1 GB (or. 2 GB) is the largest possible space that can be used for database on webhosting. This space can not be increased for a surcharge. In the case of higher requirements, we recommend to order VPS – the customer is not so limited and can operate databases of any size and can connect to it from anywhere)
Creating and using databases
When you establishing webhosting there is not automatically created the database. To create it follow the following instructions:
- Log into your account in the customer center
- Select the tab webhosting
- Open the detail of a particular webhosting
- In the left menu, click on the link New Database
- Name the database as you needed (max. 7 chars) and press button create.
- Within a few minutes database will be established, login information you will receive via email
When entering data to the database in your PHP application, make sure that you correctly entered the following four data (listed in the e-mail with information about the establishment of a database):
- database server name – never IS NOT localhost, always is in shape wmX.wedos.net
- database name
- password (watch out for any spaces before or after the password)
User accounts for access to the database
When establishing MySQL database, you will receive login details for two users:
- User admin (username begins with “a“) has full rights to the database, is primarily used to manage the database via phpMyAdmin – creating tables, setting indexes, etc. This user should not be used to connect to MySQL from PHP.
- User web (username begins with “w“) has limited rights, may work with the data, but does not change the structure of tables. Use this user to connect to the database from PHP.
Each database has fixed these 2 users. Other users can not be created or assign them to other permissions.
More information about MySQL – database permissions
Database Management, Remote Access
MySQL database can be managed via web interface phpMyAdmin – here you can create and edit tables, data, export and import data.
You can access to databases only from that web interface and webhosting servers. Databases are not accessible from the outside or from other servers and this access is not possible to allow.
Changing the password
For each database user, you can change the password. You can do this in customer center – open the detail of a particular webhosting, in the list of databases select a specific database, open its detail, you will see a form for the password change. The change takes effect immediately.
In the customer center in detail of the specific database, you can also delete the database.
Deleting of database occurs its complete and irreversible removal, including all data, that contains.
Any recovery from backup is paid according to the current price list.
CAUTION: After deletion will not be possible to create a database with the same name!
Backup of databases
Databases are backed up once per week.
These backups are not accessible to customers and are not intended to restore at regular customer requests. Serves especially for us in case of failure of server or disk array.
We strongly recommend for customers carry out their own backups of their data in case of erase or broke something. You can perform backups by export in phpMyAdmin.
Restoring from a backup at the request of the customer is charged 600 CZK.
more information about Webhosting backup