Some Important Information:
- The change of owner will not bring about any further changes to the domain, the operation of the domain itself will not be affected in any way (the same DNS servers will remain, etc.).
- Changing the owner will not move the domain to another customer account – this may need to be done subsequently (transfer services between accounts)
- There will also be no change in the billing data (these can be changed subsequently by editing the data of the customer, if necessary).
The Procedure for Changing Ownership
- Log in to your customer administration account (client.wedos.com)
- Click on the Domains tab
- Open the detail of the specific domain for which you want to make the change
- In the left menu, click on the Change Owner link
- You will see a form in which you have 2 options:
- enter the identifier of the existing contact of the new owner – if you know this identifier (e.g. if you already have a .EU domain with the new owner)
- fill in the data of the new owner – company, name, surname, address, etc.
- Fill in the domain authorisation password. If you do not know it, click on the link to send the password – it will be delivered to the e-mail of the original domain owner.
- After submitting the form, the change of owner will take place within approximately 10 minutes.
Based on the above, it is clear that it is neccessary to set the email address correctly in the contact of your domain owner. The authorisation password will be sent to this e-mail address. If you have an incorrect or malfunctioning e-mail address for your domain, you must first contact us to resolve the issue.
You can find out to which e-mail address the authorisation password is sent in the EU domain register – www.whois.eu.
No further e-mail confirmations are required. After a successful change of domain owner, an information e-mail is sent from the domain registry to the original and new domain owners.
In case of any questions or complications, contact us via the contact form.