Some Important Information:
- The change of owner will not bring about any further changes to the domain, the operation of the domain itself will not be affected in any way (the same DNS servers will remain, etc.).
- Changing the owner will not move the domain to another customer account – this may need to be done subsequently (transfer services between accounts)
- There will also be no change in the billing data (these can be changed subsequently by editing the data of the customer, if necessary).
NOTICE! After changing the owner of a generic domain, the domain is set to a 60-day lock, which prevents the domain from being transferred to another registrar. This can be prevented by having the original owner check the appropriate box on the change of owner confirmation page, giving the registry permission not to set such a lock on the domain.
To send a request to change the owner of a generic domain, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account in the customer administration (client.wedos.com)
- Click on the Domains tab
- Open the detail of the specific domain for which you want to make the change
- In the left menu, click on the Owner Change link
- You’ll see a form where you will have 2 options:
- enter the identifier of an existing contact (e.g. if you already have a domain with the new owner)
- create and set up a new contact if you do not already have a contact with us
- To change the owner, it is also necessary to enter the authorization password of the domain – first have it sent via e-mail by clicking on the appropriate link (this password will be sent to the e-mail address of the domain owner).
- An e-mail will be sent to the original owner’s e-mail address requesting approval of the change of owner.
- After the confirmation of the request by the original owner, an e-mail will be sent requesting approval of the change and consent to the conditions of registration to the email of the new domain owner.
- After the confirmation of both the original and new owner, the domain owner will be changed in the registry within a few minutes.
After a successful change of domain owner, it is necessary to verify the contact details of the new domain owner (only if the contact details of the new domain owner have not yet been verified). Verification takes place by sending an e-mail with a link to confirm the correctness of the contact information to the e-mail address of the domain holder. The e-mail is sent by Ascio from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and must be confirmed within 15 days of the change of owner, otherwise the domain registration will be suspended and the domain will be inoperative.