Several important information:
- By changing the owner there are no any other changes for the domain, operation of the domain will not be affected (remain the same DNS servers, etc..).
- By changing the owner there is no transfer of the domain to another customer account – it is possible to do after (Service transfer between users accounts)
- Also, it does not occur the change of billing information (you can change it in administration by editation of billing information).
Process for changing the owner
- Log in to your account in the customer center (client.wedos.com)
- Open tab Domains
- Open detail specific domain for which you want to change it
- In the left menu, click on the link Owner change
- You’ll see a form where you have 2 options:
- enter the identifier of an existing contact of the new owner – If you know the identifier (eg., if you already have with us .EU domain with that new owner)
- fill in the details of the new owner – company name, name, surname, address, etc.
- Fill authorization password of domain. If you do not know the password, click on the link send a password – it will be delivered to e-mail the original owner of the domain.
- After submiting of request change of owner will be performed approximately within 10 minutes.
From the above procedure follows, that must be properly set e-mail address of the original owner of the domain, to which you sent the authorization password. If you have a faulty or malfunctioning e-mail address for the domain you must contact us first to resolve appropriate corrective.
On which e-mail is sent an authorization password, you can check in the registry of EU domains – www.whois.eu.
Newly no longer required any e-mail confirmation (from November 21, 2012).
If you have any questions or complications contact us via contact form.