List of your domains in DNS you can find in administration client.wedos.com on tab DNS. To add a domain click on the link Add a domain to the DNS.
Read also: Basic information about DNS WEDOS
In the domain detail you can make the following settings:
- primary IP – IPv4 address of the DNS server from which you wish to download records for this domain (via AXFR) – only for secondary domain types
- AXFR – by this setting you can allow outgoing AXFR, therefore download zone of this domain from our system to another server, it is possible for both the primary and secondary domains. It is necessary to add one or more IPv4 addresses, which are authorized to perform this download, it can not be allowed to download from anywhere.
By default, the outgoing AXFR is disabled. Usually, you do not need to turn it on. Typically you may enable it if you still have your secondary DNS server for your domains, which continuously updates this domain from our system.
IMPORTANT! After making any changes, it is necessary to click Apply changes, to take effect. After the changes are reflected in all of our DNS servers within 5 minutes.
Тhe right part of the page with domain detail contains the following information:
- date of addition – date and time when the domain was added to the DNS system
- last change – date and time of the last chances for this domain
- change flag – a flag indicating whether it was some changes for domain, but has not been used button apply changes yet, to make changes effect on DNS servers
- waiting for zone reload – YES = changes have been saved, waiting for the system to process them and send them to DNS servers
For primary domains are further available information:
- DNS servers – list of NS records that automatically entered into the domain zone, should match to the DNS servers, which are set for the domain, updated automatically by the parent DNS servers
For secondary domains are further available information:
- AXFR – last check – date and time of the last connection with the primary DNS server for the zone download (regardless of whether the connection succeeded or not)
- AXFR – last success – date and time of the last successful contact with the primary DNS server
- AXFR – last change – date and time of the last change detected on the primary DNS server
- AXFR – next check – date and time of the next scheduled checks, if there is in some change in the domain settings on the primary DNS server (regarding to data REFRESH or RETRY from SOA record based on the final result)
In the detail of domain you will also find button copy. By using it you can create a copy of the current domain – ie. establish a new domain of the same type with the same configuration and with the same DNS records. After copying is possible to modify these newly created domains.