To change the billing information for a domain, follow these steps (the procedure for other services is similar):
- Log in to your account in the customer administration (client.wedos.com)
- Open the ‘Domains‘ tab
- Open the particulars of a specific domain
- In the left column, click on the ‘Contact Information (Customer)‘ link
You’ll see a form where you can edit the billing information provided for this service. To change the billing information for more or all services, use the bulk information changing method outlined below.
This change will take effect on newly issued accounting documents (advance invoices, tax documents, invoices) – ie. after the next extension order.
Changing Your Information on Documents That Have Already Been Issued
If you need to change the information on an existing document (payment request, tax receipt or invoice), then proceed as follows:
If the order has not been paid yet (payment request is in the waiting for payment status):
- Click on Billing overview in the ‘detail’ of the particular service in the left menu
- Open the detail of the specific order
- Click the edit customer link at the bottom left of the Customer table
- Edit the information in the form, select the ‘resend request by e-mail‘ to have a new payment request sent to you immediately, and click Save Changes.
Each email with a request for payment (and reminder) has a link that allows you to change your billing information without logging in to the administration. Clicking on the link will take you to the editing of the data and this data will then be amended on all documents related to this particular request. The data can, for example, be edited by your accountant. You can edit the data at any time before paying for the order.
If the order has already been paid
If you need to change the data for a document for an order that has already been paid for, then it is not possible. The data cannot be changed additionally, because from the point of view the law, it is not possible to change documents that have already been issued.
Please note that it is not possible to make any changes to the already-issued documents for paid orders.
Changes in Surcharge Invoices
Direct changes are not possible for additional (surcharge) invoices.
The invoice data is always set according to the billing data of the service. To change the data, first edit the billing data of the service (perhaps only temporarily, if you only need the invoice to contain different information once) and then contact us. We will issue the document again.
Multiple Changes of Billing Information
It is also possible to make bulk changes to the billing information for hosting services in the customer administration:
- Mark the services that you want to change the information for in the list of services (domains, web hosting, etc..)
- Under the list of services, select ‘change customer information (billing data)‘ from the drop-down list and click on Perform.
- Next, check the list of selected services and fill-in any new data; you can also use the contact folder. Then click on Continue.
- Finally, check everything again, or return to the previous step. If everything is correct, click on Complete.
- Changing the contact and billing information only applies for newly issued documents for selected services. Amended information does not affect existing accounting documents (see previous chapter of these instructions).
Billing Information When Using a Credit Account
If you use a credit account to pay for orders, the billing information is set directly for it, the data for the services themselves will not be used in this case.